KUST will achieve its mission by fulfilling the following objectives:
- Create an environment to acquire and transfer knowledge and skills in science and technology;
- Create an environment which encourages critical thinking and friendly faculty-student interactions;
- Prepare students for a variety of careers in science and technology professions based on international standards and accreditation;
- Encourage cooperation between KUST, private industry, and government to improve the quality of students’ academic learning and to meet the needs of the public and private sectors;
- Provide professional consultation to the government and the private sector;
- Support technological development and its applications to improve the quality of life in the region and Iraq, and;
Promote the culture of professional and ethical conduct throughout society.